Monday, January 14, 2013

Ian's Corduroy Birthday Party


I've already begun preparing Ian's first birthday party. I know it isn't until the end of March but there's a lot to do! Ian's nickname has always been "Ian Bear" so I knew I wanted a bear theme. Corduroy was the PERFECT bear to choose. I went to Pinterest and found..nothing. How does that happen? Pinterest is supposed to have everything! So I'm on my own here.. I decided I better blog this so when someone else searches they don't come up entirely empty. Here goes...

Step 1) Invitations.


 Step 2) Cake. We pretty much let the designer go nuts with her ideas. I think it turned out PERFECT!




Step 3) Decor. We ended up having most of the decor as food so I will explain that below. We had the corduroy book and I made a number 1 with buttons on it, as well as bear cups. We ran a string through balloons all the way around. Pics coming soon to explain.
I bought this punch container at Walmart for $15. The bear and buttons were in the bottom and the top had a separate portion for the juice. More pics coming of this! 


Bear cups (elmers glue, construction paper and sharpie) , 1 (super glue,spray paint, buttons), and bear hugs from Ian goody bags. 


Step 4) Food. The cake, of course, was the major hit but we had other things too. We had gummy bears in tin pails and the goody bags said "Bear hugs from Ian!" with teddy grahams inside. The punch dispenser was a hit,too! I found it for $15 at walmart. You can put decor in the bottom and punch up top. I used Cherry white grape juice to go with the color scheme. I'll post more pics once I get them uploaded.
Stay Tuned!


1 comment:

  1. The cake design was amazing. I’m also browsing for some cake design ideas for my daughter’s birthday in a few days. We are arranging a Cinderella theme party and have invited all her school friends to come in costumes. Just booked one of the popular event venue and cake and decoration is all that’s left.

    ReplyDelete