Sunday, October 12, 2014

Halloween Party 2014

This year we are hosting our first ever Halloween Party and could not be more excited! We have a lot of really fun things planned. I'll be sure to update with photos of the kids enjoying everything. 

The invitations, as seen above, were sent out this past week. Our local friends had theirs delivered by hand but the rest had to be mailed. I've been very busy trying to get all my ducks in a row planning everything.
 I sat down for about an hour and made both of these cool games!

 Feed the monster! 
Kids can take turns rolling the ball into the monster's mouth. The monster is a shoe box covered in felt and googly eyes. The arm are pipe cleaners twisted together. The eye ball is a ping pong ball I used sharpies to color! 

Hay toss! 
This was also made from a box. It's about 2.5 feet tall by 1 foot. I realize the squares aren't perfect but hay, (pun intended) I did my best! I painted it yellow and green and the hay pieces are just straws. The idea is to toss about like you would with darts and put the hay back in the bale. My five year old son loves it and is pretty darn good at it! 

On Thursday my friend, Brenda, is coming over and we're going to finish getting things ready. On our agenda is a candy corn banner made from paper plates, monster ghost and pumpkin lanterns made from plastic cups, and decorating the rest of the house. She's pretty crafty as well so I know this will turn out amazing! 
Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment