Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My marriage


There is no such thing as a perfect marriage,but with God, there can be many perfect moments. Enjoy them...

The way into a girl's heart? Sharpen her colored pencils.

Joel and I met in art class my freshman year, his sophomore year, in high school. Neither of us had any clue what we were doing, but the class was a requirement to graduate so here we were! The teacher, Ms. Smith, had us randomly seated and I ended up beside this quiet guy I had never met before. I was very outgoing and loud. Joel was very quiet and shy. Hey, opposites attract right? Anyways, Joel and I didn't really speak much until one day I was coloring away and my colored pencil broke. Without saying a word, Joel got up and sharpened it for me. When he got back, I thanked him and went to compliment his artwork but couldn't even figure out what it was! He noticed me looking and then looked at mine and that's when we realized how horrible we were at what we were doing!  I can't remember what he said,exactly, but I remember he made me laugh. My grandmother, Gloria-or as I know her,"Gran Gran"-always told me if you ever find a guy that makes you laugh, hold on to him. Boy was she right! 5 years later, and 2 years of marriage (so far) and he still can make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment